1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 27/01/2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, like the giveaway post on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Tag another user in the comments section. Follow the Puffin Books account.
6. All valid entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 28/01/2022.
7. The prize for one winner is a copy of the book Leonora Bolt: Secret Inventor by Lucy Brandt, along with a postcard and signed bookplate.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via Direct Message on social media by 28/01/2022. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
12. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and you agree that Facebook, Instagram nor Twitter shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
13. The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, The Random House Group LimiteOne Embassy Gardens, 8 Viaduct Gardens London SW11 7BW20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.