1. Start the game by hanging the owl at the top of the high end of the string, attaching the example letter to the hanger with the pegs, and sending the owl down the line to your child. (Or you can leave the owl at the bottom of the line and wait for your child to find this mystery letter.) Read the address and letter together.
2. Encourage your little one to write a letter. A magical one! To a Harry Potter character, to the fairies, to a naughty troll, to the Christmas elf – whoever they like.
3. Attach the letter to the owl using the pegs.
4. Send the letter down the zip wire to deliver it.
5. I waited at the bottom while Ewan wrote mystery messages to me or our family members and then sent them down with the owl.